Element: Earth (physical);
water (emotional & healing)
Colour: Blue, red
Base Oils: Almond, evening primrose, olive
Herbs: Almond, apple, bamboo, caraway, celery, chilli, cinnamon, citrus, coriander, eucalyptus, evening primrose, ginger, juniper, lemon myrtle, mustard, oak, olive, peppermint tree, rosemary, sage, sunflower, thyme
Deities: Aphrodite, Venus
Crystals: Amber, cat’s-eye, jasper, opal, orange zircon
Base Oils: Almond, evening primrose, flaxseed, hazelnut, jojoba, rosehip
Herbs: Acorn, almond, apricot, avocado, basil, cardamom, catnip, evening primrose, flax lily, ginseng, grevillea, hazel, jasmine, jojoba, kangaroo paw, lavender, lemon balm, magnolia, maidenhair fern, marjoram, myrtle, neroli, nutmeg, oregano, rose, rosemary, ylang-ylang, orchids
Colour: Red, orange
Base Oil: Apricot, olive, sunflower
Herbs: Allspice, bamboo, banksia, cardamom, chilli, citrus, ginger, illyarrie, juniper, lemon myrtle, sunflower, thyme, wattle
Planet: The Moon
Colours: Blue, purple, black (particularly of severe illness)
Base Oils: Almond, flax/linseed, olive, rosehip
Herbs: Agrimony, allspice, aloe vera, angelica, basil, bay, birch, burdock, cajeput, carnation, carrot, chickweed, chilli, comfrey, dandelion leaf, echinacea, fenugreek, flax, garlic, hops, ivy, jojoba, lavender, lemon balm (especially of emotional problems), lemon myrtle, melaleuca, mint, mistletoe, niaouli, oregano, peppermint tree, raspberry leaf, rose, rosemary, sandalwood, sheoak, tea-tree, thyme, turmeric, vervain, wattle, willow, yarrow
- Ring blue candles with eucalyptus leaves and burn for healing vibrations.
- Hang a branch of eucalyptus leaves over the sickbed or in the sickroom, or add a few leaves to flowers sent to the afflicted.
- Olive oil can be used as an anointing oil to promote healing.
- Stuff a poppet with mint to aid with digestive/stomach problems.
- Use spearmint in a poppet for healing respiratory/lung issues.
- For a simple sleep potion, add 2-3 crushed cardamom pods to your milk of choice and warm in a saucepan. Strain, and enjoy with a dash of nutmeg.
Colour: Red, gold
Base Oil: Flax/linseed, jojoba, sunflower
Herbs: Allspice, balga, bamboo, basil, bay, black pepper, calendula, chilli, cinnamon, citrus, flax, garlic, ginger, grevillea, jarrah, karri, macadamia, mustard, nettle, nutmeg, oak, oregano, pennyroyal, spearmint, sunflower
- Pennyroyal leaves in your shoe strengthens the body and wards off weariness.
Base Oil: Olive, sesame
Herbs: Allspice, anise, bamboo, banksia, basil, cardamom, chilli, coriander, dandelion, ginger, illyarrie, juniper, lemon myrtle, olive, rosemary, sunflower, tea-tree
- Promote youthfulness by hanging sprigs of anise over your bed at night, or placing seeds in your shoes (a drop of diluted essential oil could also be used).