Day: Saturday, Tuesday
Planet: Mars, the Sun
Colour: Black (absorbs and destroys negative energy), white
Base Oils: Almond, flax/linseed, olive, sesame, sunflower
Herbs: Agrimony, almond, aloe vera, angelica, anise, apricot, bamboo, basil, bay, birch, black pepper, blackthorn, burdock, calendula, caraway, chamomile, chilli, cinnamon, citrus, cloves, coconut, comfrey, dill, dragon’s blood, echinacea, elecampane, eucalyptus, flax/linseed, frankincense, garlic, ginger, hazel, hyssop, juniper, lavender, macadamia, marjoram, melaleuca, mint, mistletoe, mustard, oak, olive, oregano, parsley, rosemary, sage, sandalwood, sesame, sunflower, valerian, vervain, willow, wormwood
- Aloe plants are said to guard against evil.
- Place aniseed in a purple drawstring bag and carry on you for protection.
- Wash thresholds with a chamomile infusion to keep it unwanted energies/entities.
- Draw a circle in the dirt with a hazel branch for protection, around yourself or your plants.
- Grow juniper at your doorstep for protection.
- Keep mint in the home for protection.
- Carry mint to protect against the evil eye.
- Hang an olive branch over the door of a house to guard against evil.
Carrier Oils: Evening primrose, rosehip, sesame
Herbs: Angelica, anise, bamboo, basil, bay, black pepper, blackthorn, cactus, camphor, chilli, cloves, cumin, curry, eucalyptus, garlic, juniper, marri, morning glory, mullein, olive, oregano, rose, rosemary, salt, St John’s wort, sandalwood, thyme, tobacco, turmeric, vinegar, witchgrass, wormwood
- Banish evil from a space by asperging salt water using a bundle of fresh mint, marjoram, and rosemary.
Base Oils: Evening primrose, flax/linseed
Herbs: Bindweed, evening primrose, flax, flax lily, grass, honey, honeysuckle, hydrangea, ivy, morning glory, raspberry, skullcap, vinegar
Crystals: Black tourmaline, hematite, kunzite, moonstone, obsidian
Herbs: Balga, ginger, jarrah, jojoba, karri, macadamia, turmeric
Base Oils: Jojoba, rosehip
Herbs: Agrimony, angelica, bamboo, basil, bay, bergamot, chilli, dill, eucalyptus, garlic, ginger, jojoba, juniper, mustard, nettle, nutmeg, tea-tree, turmeric, vervain, wormwood
- Aloe plants grown in the kitchen protect against burns and accidents.
- A sprig of juniper will protect the wearer from accidents.
- Three pins of hazel wood driven into your house are thought to protect against fire.
- Place hazel twigs in window frames to protect against lightning.
- Hang an olive branch on the chimney to ward off lightning.
Herbs: Caraway, comfrey, cumin, juniper, rosemary
- Hung up, rosemary wards off thieves.
Base Oil: Almond
Herbs: Almond, anise, basil, benzoin, citrus, frankincense, jarrah, karri, lemon myrtle, peppermint tree, rosemary, sage, yarrow
Base Oil: Almond,
Herbs: Anise, chamomile, eucalyptus, nutmeg, orange, peppermint, sandalwood
- Use a pillow of anise to keep away nightmares.
- Chamomile: Tea can be drunk before bed, flowers used in a sleep sachet, or 3 drops of oil placed on a tissue in your pillowcase.
- Add spearmint leaves under your pillow for protection while sleeping.
- Stuff a pillow sachet with thyme to bring restful sleep protected from nightmares.