The Waxing Moon
Goddess Aspect: The Maiden
The waxing moon is a great time for starting new projects and relationships. It’s a good time for beginnings, things that will grow to fullness in the future. Try workings for prosperity, protection, and consecration.
Indigenous (Noongar) Name: Marongorong
Sabbat: Quickening (Imbolc)
Indigenous (Noongar) Name: Bangal
Sabbat: VernEx (Ostara)
Indigenous (Noongar) Name: Kabbul
In the Garden
During the waxing moon, sap rises and growth above the soil is favoured:
- This is the best time to sow and plant anything that yields a harvest above-ground, eg leaves and flowers.
- During the waxing crescent, sow leafy vegetables, and plants grown for their edible flowers/seeds.
- Re-pot plants during the waxing moon to help them recover and grow better.
- Lawns also grow well when planted during the waxing moon.
- It’s best not prune plants during the waxing moon.