The Waning Moon
Goddess Aspect: The Crone
The waning moon is a time for winding down: for letting go of bad relationships, bad habits, negative thinking, and unfavourable situations. This is a great time to do workings for banishing, exorcism, and cleansing.
Indigenous (Noongar) Name: Burno wandat
Indigenous (Noongar) Name: Jidik golang
Sabbat: AutEx (Mabon)
Indigenous (Noongar) Name: Narrat
Sabbat: ShadowFest (Samhain)
In the Garden
During the waning moon, sap recedes and growth below the soil is favoured:
- During the waning gibbous, sow root vegetables/crops.
- This is the best time to prune trees and shrubs.
- Weeding and other work to remove unwanted plants/pests are best done while the moon is waning.
- It’s best not to sow flowers during the waning moon.
- Do not plant during the waning crescent - this is a great time for cleaning and clearing.